Barley Rusks are twice-baked non-dairy biscuits, a staple of the Mediterranean diet. Break them up and toss them in your Greek salad or soup. Top them with cream cheese or smoked salmon. Pair them with feta cheese, tomatoes, capers and olives. The possibilities are endless… and delicious.
Recipe for Cretan “Dakos”:
- Break up GlykaSweets’ Barley Rusks into small pieces and place in a shallow bowl
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil from Crete over the Barley Rusk pieces
- Dice fresh tomatoes and add to the Barley Rusks
- Crumble Feta cheese on top of the tomatoes
- Top with a sprinkling of Greek dried oregano